Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jacko doc: I donated sperm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2525359/Dr-Arnold-Klein-admits-to-donating-sperm-in-the-past-but-denies-being-the-dad-of-Michael-Jacksons-children.html

Jacko doc: I donated sperm
By PETE SAMSON
US Editor
10 Jul 2009

THE man rumoured to be the biological dad of two of Michael Jackson's children admitted yesterday: "I did give sperm."

Dr Arnold Klein, the late superstar's dermatologist, said he did not know whether he was the father of son Prince Michael, 12, and 11-year-old daughter Paris.

Their mum Debbie Rowe was his nurse and met Jacko at his surgery. They married in 1996 before divorcing in 1999.

A source revealed: "Arnie and Debbie were very close. Along with Michael, all three of them spent lots of time as a trio. Although Arnie and Debbie are not so tight now they still talk and have had conversations since Michael's death.

"He has also been speaking out in support of her potential custody bid, saying she could be the best person to look after the children."

Dr Klein, who has admitted giving the star painkiller Demerol, was known to Jackson's children as Uncle Arnold.

He believes 50-year-old Debbie is the source of the rumours about him being the dad of Prince Michael and Paris.

Dr Klein said: "I still can't answer it absolutely one way or the other. I once donated sperm. I once donated sperm to a sperm bank. I think to the best of my knowledge I am not the father. If they want a DNA test they can have my DNA.

"My concern is his kids because I have never met children like it. They are the brightest and best behaved children I have ever met.

"I know how deeply he loved them and how deeply they loved him.

"No matter what I will protect these children.

Addiction

"Here's the most important thing. Michael loved those children as a father, those children loved him as a father. The most important thing about the father is who their children want him to be. The most important thing to these children is how Michael loved them and how they loved him."
Dr Klein, who was Jacko's dermatologist for 20 years, spoke of giving the star Demerol, which he took on the day he died two weeks ago.

He said: "I occasionally gave him Demerol to sedate him and that was the strongest medication I ever used.

"Michael once had an addiction and he went to England and withdrew that addiction at a secure setting."

Dr Klein also said he knew there were other doctors who gave Jacko Diprivan - the powerful sedative also believed to have been taken by the singer before his death - to help him sleep while he was on tour.

Dr Klein said: "I know for a fact he was using Diprivan when he was on tour in Germany. He was using it to go to sleep at night.

"I told him he was absolutely insane. I told him that this drug was very dangerous. He assured me he'd stopped."

Jacko will be buried wearing one of his iconic white gloves, it was revealed last night.

He had numerous gloves made during his career. But his family picked out his favourite - a crystal-encrusted mitt created more than a decade ago, for his final journey.

It also emerged yesterday that the city of Los Angeles faces a bill of $1.4million (£850,000) for providing security for Jacko's memorial on Tuesday.

That included overtime for the 4,173 cops who worked to secure the Staples Center, Forest Lawn cemetery and other areas that attracted fans.

BRITISH stage show Thriller Live, which celebrates Michael Jackson's music, will go on a 12-month world tour in response to demand from his fans, the producers announced yesterday.

p.samson@the-sun.co.uk

No comments: